Distinguished Young Women


For eight weeks I learned how to perfect myself in multiple areas of my life, some of which being: Fitness, interview skills, presenting myself, on-the-spot answering questions, how to walk in heels (both on flat ground and up and down stairs), how to speak properly, appearance, what not to wear, making friends, how to be a pirate, and many more. As you can tell I had such a good time with the nineteen other girls involved in the Distinguished Young Women (DYW) scholarship program. Although I did not walk away with any cash for college, I did walk away with a new attitude about myself and also with the knowledge that I could conquer hard things. I will never forget the experiences I had there and will cherish the friendships I made forever.







During the showcase night we preformed a pirate opening number where we each introduced ourselves to the audience and judges. (Earlier that same day we had each had a ten minute interview with the judges). Following the pirate act we preformed a ten minute long fitness routine, expressed ourselves in a dress and heels while answering a question on the spot on the stage, and shared our ninety second talent. For my talent I wrote a song called "The Time is Now", in which I composed background piano music to accompany my guitar while I sang. This song is all about coming together to make a difference. Service can be contagious, but the time to spread it is not tomorrow... the time is now.





Comments

  1. Wow, you have a super good voice, and these lyrics are so beautiful! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons Learned in 2014