Click here to learn the secret to...

Click here to learn the secret to........................



.....

Did I get your attention? Were you hoping I would tell you the secret to life? Weight loss? Getting Pinterest projects to actually turn out the way they should? Happiness? Or maybe getting the perfect career or spouse?

Sorry to disappoint. I don't have all the answers. I'm lucky if I get a few hints here and there. 

This June it will be have been four years since I graduated high school. Say what? Where did that time go? Scrolling through the endless home pages on Facebook and instagram I've noticed a lot of my fellow classmates are married, having babies, returning from missions, getting into their career, traveling the world or graduating with their bachelors degree this spring. Congrats to all of them! All of these things are great accomplishments and should be celebrated. I am genuinely happy for each of these friends!

So here I am, four years since high school and no I didn't go on a mission, I still don't have a bachelors degree, and to be honest at the moment I don't even have a job! So what have I been doing? 

I started my first semester into my bachelors degree at Weber state and felt lost. Frankly, I had absolutely no clue as to what I wanted to be or accomplish. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Maybe I'll be a business owner, a teacher, or I'll finally become the successful musician Madison Haley;) either way, I'm 22 and thank goodness I don't have to have everything figured out right this second.  So for now I will keep on keepin on. 

I married the most perfect human being on the planet for me and every day has been better than the last. He keeps my head up through everything and works very hard to provide for me (and our two kitties). Let me emphasize that though I am happy and grateful in my marriage, I still don't have everything figured out. We just keep on keepin on:)

We moved from Utah, where we were both born and raised, to Georgia, which has both been so rewarding and yet so hard. Southern hospitality is a real thing, thank goodness. I don't know where we would be without good people. 

It's hard being in a new place with new people and new experiences. Some days all I want is my comfort zone back. All I want is a familiar face. Or my old job and my truck back. God didn't intend for us to be stagnant beings so for us to change he sends us out of our comfort zone. Man, have we been out of our comfort zone. 

For some reason I cannot for the life of me get a job out here. I have applied to 100+ places online, in person, and by referral and have had only a couple interviews. Which don't seem to turn into call backs. It's so discouraging and sometimes I feel like a lacking wife for not being able to help support us. I'm sure in good time something will come around for me and I will find the job I'm supposed to have, but it sure is hard to be patient. Sometimes it's hard waiting to figure things out. All I can do is keep on keepin on. (On the bright side Ty gets to work from home so we get to see a lot of each other when he's not traveling! That part has been awesome!) 

In the meantime I pretend I own my own business and design shirts and take pictures. It's called Roam Home, and it's all about exploring the world and seeing cool things. If you want to check that out click here. That's a whole other story though haha. If we are going to talk about owning a business, however, I personally believe the best business you can build up and own is yourself. 

So many things have happened in the last four years since high school. I'm a better and different person because of what I've been through. And though it's hard to see that I don't have a bachelors degree yet, I didn't end up serving a mission though I had said for years that I would, and I don't even have a job now, I've learned that life doesn't have "rules". There is not only one way to live it. 

The next time you see me post something that looks like I have it all together and figured out, remember that I really don't. I'm just enjoying the moment and will continue to keep on keepin on. I'm grateful for the journey I have been on and the one I get to continue with. I don't have things figured out right now and that's ok. I will keep on keepin on. 

And maybe that there is the secret to all things- persistence and attitude. 

For me, anyway. 

Maybe as you read this you realized you don't have everything figured out either. And that's ok, friend. Life wasn't meant to be figured out in a second, but a lifetime.

Now I'm talking like I have things figured out haha. I still don't.

Keep on keepin on,


Madi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons Learned in 2014

In My Heart